Welcome to the JMRC
The Journalism and Media Research Centre (JMRC) has been established in 2007 as part of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) at The University of New South Wales (UNSW). The Centre undertakes research of high quality and impact across the fields of journalism, media, advertising, public relations and other areas of communication and makes significant contributions to public and industry debate and policy. The Centre provides a focus for journalism, media, advertising, public relations and related areas across UNSW.
The Centre offers rigorous and relevant education and training for Postgraduate Coursework (Master of Journalism and Communication, Master of Public Relations and Advertising, Master of Law, Media and Journalism) and Postgraduate Research students.
The Journalism and Media Research Centre is partner of the ARC Centre of Excellence for Creative Industries and Innovation (CCI) at Queensland University of Technology (QUT), the first Centre of Excellence whose lead disciplines are based outside the science, engineering and technology sectors.
JMRC welcomes inquiries about potential research collaborations, and is happy to provide information about its work.
For further information, please contact email@example.com
JMRC is located in the Robert Webster Building (Main Campus, UNSW)
- “Returns of Empires? A comparison of the US, EU, China and Russia"When: 20th May
- JMRC Guest Seminar 'Counting Sheep: New Zealand Merino Wool in an Internet of Things'When: 26th August
- JMRC Seminar - "The Only News I Have Is Bad"When: 1st April
- When: 21st May
- 2013 Dean’s Research Awards winners announced at inaugural eventPosted: 30th May
- Young people seek ethical, legal clarity on sextingPosted: 9th May
- Nothing shameful about sextingPosted: 12th April
- Emily Booker wins FASS Dean’s Learning and Teaching AwardPosted: 24th October