The Journalism and Media Research Centre (JMRC) administers the Master of Journalism and Communication (MJC) and the Master of Public Relations and Advertising (MPRA). The JMRC also offers courses for students enrolled in Master of Law, Media and Journalism administered by the Faculty of Law.
The Master of Journalism and Communication is designed for students interested in a career in the print, radio, television and online media sectors, media relations or corporate communications.
The Master of Public Relations and Advertising covers the theoretical and practical dimensions of professional public relations and advertising communication, including a focus on creativity, interactivity and engagement.
To apply for any of the JMRC courses please go to the UNSW Apply Online website.
The JMRC is the course authority for the following courses:
- MDIA5000- Understanding Contemporary Media
- MDIA5001- Writing for Media
- MDIA5002- Broadcast Journalism
- MDIA5003- Online and Mobile Media
- MDIA5004- Media and Public Relations
- MDIA5005- Sports, Media and Public Relations
- MDIA5006- Feature Writing
- MDIA5007- Media Ethics and Law
- MDIA5008- Media Project
- MDIA5009- Literary Journalism
- MDIA5021- Advertising and Creativity
- MDIA5022- Corporate Communication
- MDIA5023- Public Relations Strategy
- MDIA5024- Advertising Strategy
- MDIA5025- Communication Project
- MDIA5026- Food Media and Promotion
- Enrolment:You must be correctly enrolled by the enrolment deadline each semester. Your enrolment is your responsibility.
- MyUNSW: Your guide to UNSW services and resources
- Academic Calender:For most programs the teaching periods are conducted from March to December. A Summer Term is also offered in December and January.
- Fees and Financial Assistance: Students enrolling at the University are generally liable for tuition fees or student contribution charges. In some cases students may be charged for materials, and where rules are infringed penalty fees may be payable.
- How Do I...?: How do I manage mystudent record, find program, course and timetable information, find services and support, find places on campus ... ?